IT is hard, getting email/calendar right is super painful, especially for a startup. Lessons learned.
Sherweb, who claims to be the largest Exchange hosting company, dropped its pants completely. After a whole weekend’s of outage and zero explanation, our corporate communication is close to death. With 68 people waiting, we jumped to Google Apps. Not surprisingly, there are not many complaints about their lame service (I guess they shut-up most voices), and their network status is always everything is fine.
- You can never reach any human on their support phone line
- You never get any kind of ahead of time notice, or explanation
- You have tell their customer support that things are not working for you. Oh, you need to provide them a test account yourself to verify that
- Every Friday night they have a 2-hour maintenance window
- A 10+ hour outage to them is just, whatever
Luckily we moved away from them. Don’t ever trust them!